Friday, January 15, 2010

Chicken With A Side of Eyeballs

I had the most horrifying experience today.

Matt and I decided to finally go grocery shopping. Our little day trip across the street was going great!
Items were getting checked off the list.
My tummy was starting to grumble from seeing all the yummy food.
And Matt had the genius idea of a taco bar for lunch! Gosh he's so smart!

Okay, so this is where it gets good...

I was walking over to the meat section to get the necessary ingredients and some chicken for our taco bar.
Ground Beef. Check.
Chicken. Not so much.

I walk into the chicken section and there, next to the chicken breasts, lay PACKAGED SHEEP HEADS neatly wrapped in cellophane. Their skulls were skinned and their tongues were sticking out of their mouths and they still had their EYEBALLS in tact!

BARF!

I reached down to grab some chicken but I couldn't muster the strength as this lifeless sheep dome stared me down.

Ahhh I get chills just thinking about it!

Never again will I go into the meat section of that grocery store.

Note to Europeans: Figure it out. That is really gross and yes I am partially judging all of you Europeans who eat those sheep eyeballs.

I don't even want to post pictures.