Monday, January 4, 2010

Meet Olive


I used to have the best cat in the world. His name was Jingles (commonly referred to as Bo Jangles). He weighed about 25 lbs and made a great play toy, pillow, snuggle buddy, and boyfriend to Camilla.

This is Jingles

Ever since he passed our home has never been the same. That is why I am so so happy to have found Olive. This little gem is the love of my life. I even love her after she gives me toilet breath kisses.

::Meet Olive::


Little Miss Olive came to be mine through quite an interesting story.

I was on my way to my first match of the season here in Cyprus. I was running late and came running out of my apartment only to hear these kitty cries for help. I looked around the corner and this little booger was sitting in a corner covered in leaves and dirt with such a sad face. She started to walk towards me and I noticed she was dragging both back legs. As I got closer to this little two month old with her puppy dog eyes I realized she was hit by a car.

For those of you who do not know me I LOVE KITTIES. And for those of you who do not know my fiance, he HATES CATS!

My heart just dropped and I didn't know what to do. So me being the semi irrational person, I started to contemplate: Do I take this little ally cat to the vet and miss my first game or do I go to my game and try and find her when I get home?

I picked my game. But trust me it was not without a tag-o-war match between my heart and my brain. I started driving to my game in tears because I had to leave her there hurt and what if she wasn't there when I got back? I proceeded to call Matt sobbing and a total mess.

Great way to show up to my first game with mascara down my face and big puffy eyes.

Okay so we lost the game...BAD. I went racing home and I couldn't find her. I prayed and prayed and prayed for her to be okay and that I would find her the next day.

Next morning I went looking. Still nothing.

As the day progressed I started to lose hope.

I heard my neighbor outside playing around so I went to watch. Perched in the window, droopy face in hands, I watch the kid bend down and start poking something. I HEARD KITTY CRIES! Woohooo! I went running downstairs with a blanket and scooped her up. I didn't care if that kitten was his. She was mine now.

::This is Olive when I first found her::

Surprisingly, Matt was very supportive. I think he is starting to like her.

Anyways she is super healthy now and loads of fun. Now I just have to figure out how to get her back into America.