Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cleaning Up My Act

I can't believe I am back in America. I have been gone 8 months and it feels as though I never left. But it does feel really good to be home.

Matt and I moved into the cutest little apartment that overlooks the bay in Newport. The water is filled with gorgeous sailboats that are docked in front of each one of the fancy beach homes that line the bay. It's so beautiful. Not to mention Balboa Island is the most adorable place ever lined with quaint little shops and great restaurants. Everything about this place is so warm and inviting, plus there is just something so therapeutic about living by the water. We have been spending our mornings going for walks around the perimeter of the island, looking at all the homes, admiring the gorgeous weather and water, and counting the millions of USC flags hanging proudly from each balcony. BARF!

Unfortunately our vacation time is over and it's time to get back to work. We haven't gotten completely set up in our new digs yet and we are still without cable and internet but we did get our phones hooked up.
I have been reintroduced to 2010 and the concept of internet via a hand held mobile device. I feel so invincible with all this information at my finger tips! I will try to keep my blog updated as much as possible but my once iPhone savvy lifestyle has taken a turn towards a technological incompetence. My fat fingers that moved so nimbly across my phone eight months prior have now quickly slowed to a crawl and my patience for my lack of ability in iPhone typing is wearing thin. Pictures will just have to do.
So I leave you with these....

What a way to start the day!
Until you come across this.