Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Such A Rough Life

Balboa Peninsula aka: Paradise
Matt and I decided to go for a little bike ride tonight and the ride around Newport Beach made me realize how stinkin' lucky I am.

So first off, let me tell you the story about our new bikes. Newport Beach is a complete and total war zone for the Fourth of July so Matt and I taxied over to the Peninsula to avoid all traffic jams and unnecessary problems. However our thought process wasn't quite thoughtful enough and completely overlooked the fact that we would ultimately have to walk roughly 123 blocks throughout the day. So to make a long story short we bought each other beach cruisers as our wedding gifts to each other.
Dubbed Giant Purple People Eater and Black Mamba
I mean who needs jewelry when you can have a beach cruiser which only results in more time spent with hubby Matt?

So back to the story about Matt and I taking our new beach cruisers out for a spin this evening. For any of you who know Newport Beach, we rode down onto Balboa Island and stopped at Starbucks then cruised over to the Balboa Island Ferry which took us across to the Newport Peninsula.

On the Balboa Ferry (looking very tan)

From there we cruised all the way up the Peninsula to Pacific Coast Highway and then down PCH back to our digs right on the water. It was so warm and clearly gorgeous and a great way to let go of all wedding garBAGE.

I will end with this...

I LOVE MY LIFE!!!