Saturday, October 23, 2010


I have been trying to waste time before my train ride to St. Petersburg tonight....

I know you are all so green with envy that I get to embark on such a cool adventure for a week

....and stumbled upon a blog with a post that held so true to my heart.  While reading my new favorite post, my entire childhood and my parents' voices kept flashing through my head.  It made me realize that what they tried to teach me was really valuable information and I now understand why they got so frustrated with me when I refused to listen.  I am fairly lucky (don't want them to get big heads since they both read this blog) to have had parents who wanted not only the best for me but for me to be able to be wise and caring and make well thought out decisions.  And to be completely honest, I think they did a pretty dang good job because these values that they instilled in me have been seriously helpful in avoiding some colossal stuff-ups.

I am far from perfect and I regularly screw up, so it is nice to stumble upon something that genuinely makes you want to be a better person.
It's a good guide to use to check yourself before you wreck yourself.


Rules To Live By

~Trust your gut, always.
~If it sounds too good to be true... it probably is.
~When someone shows you who they are: believe them.
~When we know better, we do better.
~People will forget what you said, but they'll never forget how you made them feel.
~The greatest relationship is the one you have with yourself because no matter what happens, you will always have to live with that person.
~Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing really are the same.
~Be grateful, always.
~Sometimes you have to take that chance and if you fail, learn from it and try again.
~If you work hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen.

Thank you Maribel from My Narcissism.  This is really great advice.