Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lately I have been so passionate about working out.  I just can't seem to get my body to stop moving.  I mean clearly I am thankful for this recent surge of energy considering the massive amount of food I have been shoving down on a daily basis, but what I love the most is the feeling of total accomplishment at the end of the day even if all I did within the 24 hours was sweat.
Unfortunately my mom got the short end of the stick when it came to my sudden urge to get fit.  She has been consistently forced to accompany me on my 4.4 mile speed walk around our community at dawn.  I know this doesn't seem difficult to most, but when you consider my mother's tiny, petite, miniature frame keeping up with my 6'3" leggy speed walk, you can't help but giggle when imagining her sprinting to keep up with my pace all while trying to hold a conversation in between violent gasps for air.
That image is priceless.
Other than the obvious beach volleyball workout, I have also sparked a love affair with tae bo.  Yes, we have our ups and our downs where my left jab could knock out your teeth but I would be lucky to make you even flinch with my kick, but each class I grow more fond of this total body workout.  I especially love the fact that it is nearly impossible to leave the class with a single dry spot on your clothes.
This was the only dry spot left on my body.

Oh, did I mention the teacher for my class is the one and only
BILLY BLANKS!?!
That alone makes the workout that much cooler.