Monday, October 29, 2012

I Think I Could Get A Little More Sappy





I feel like every morning I wake up to new adventures and exciting events and before I even get a chance to sit down at my computer to write down all my thoughts and experiences, I am getting pulled out the door and into the day.  I am certainly not complaining but I do wish I was more diligent about my postings.  It's so fun for me to reflect and share this real life movie I'm living.

Sölden, Austria might be one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.  I look back on the trip and all I can imagine is some overly dramatized love story.  Probably because I am a newlywed and I seem to romanticize every event but it went something like this......

I willingly fell victim to the speed and grace of our Audi as it sped through the snaking roads that cut through the mountain sides of Austria.  For miles, all I could see were waterfalls cascading down the violent cliffs into the vast openness of lush green fields.  Cows and goats casually grazed as soft white smoke gently rolled out of the chimneys of the modest wood homes.  Driving through what seemed to be a postcard, my attention was still fixed to the power underneath me.  To the aggression, the thrill and the man driving it all. Soft blue eyes hidden behind chiseled features and the shadow of week old scruff.  With hands wrapped around the wheel, he lead the adventure; he created the excitement.  He tamed the wild roads as though a knight would a dragon, with ease and precision. 

Yeah....that's exactly how I remember it.

Other than that daily occurrence, Bode taught me how to ski again which was so fun! We got to play some indoor volleyball with the rest of the ski team and we ate as much wiener schnitzel as we could get our hands on.

I'm sad we had to leave but I am so happy to be home.

Photos via