Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hidden Little Messages


Falling in love...
You read about it,
You hear of being set up by a friend,
Meeting someone new during a night out on the town,
Running into one another at work,
Maybe sharing a drink and conversation with a new acquaintance at a friends house.
All seem like very natural ways of meeting that special someone. Right?

I thought so too.

I always dreamed of how I would meet that special someone. I often wracked my brain for potential people I had already met that were in my life that might be that special someone. What if it was someone I passed on the freeway in my car one day?
That I would never know but it's cool to think about.

However NONE of these were an accurate guess as to how I would meet my future husband.

I will have to attribute our chance meeting to one of the greatest networking sites of all time, we all have one, and the world loves it...FACEBOOK.

Yes, I said it. We met on Facebook.

It all started with a simple message.
Quickly the messages turned into multiple messages and grew into essays.
We hit our 100th message within 28 days of us talking.

I have been searching for months and months to try to find these old messages but I somehow thought they got deleted.
I was devastated.
Last night I thought I would search one last time for our fabled messages AND I FOUND THEM!
Gosh I was so excited!

Rereading these messages was hysterical.
We even wrote vows for each other 6 days into our conversation.
Somehow we knew we would spend the rest of our lives together.
I think they will make a great addition to our wedding.

How it all began...

Morgan Beck December 22, 2007 at 5:40am

okkkaaayyyy.....soooooo....you know my friends...I know your friends....but we don't know eachother....maybe we should be friends too! Maybe hang out...I don't know.

Awesome!

Matthew Proper December 22, 2007 at 9:45am

good talk... see you out there?

Matthew Proper December 22, 2007 at 9:49am

haha... sorry that was a really funny msg on your part, let me try again... I'm matt. nice to meet you..? I live in italy right now, but I'll be back in cali mayish, I'll consider maaaaybe considering you a new friend. if you meet the minimum requirements.


..The beginning of our Happily Ever After..


Our Vows

Morgan Beck January 2, 2008 at 10:04pm


I take thee Matt Proper to be my ice skating husband forever wearing flowers and sparkles. Until glorious dolphin rides end and crap cars start. I promise to learn the heimlich, practice my running skills and tend his broken pinky.

Matthew Proper January 3, 2008 at 3:26pm


I take thee Morgan Beck to be my headless wife, forever screwing up certain charades clues. I vow to continually snore so that I can revel in endless dutch ovens of my used-to-be-best-potential-friend-of-all-time. Until final words cease to be hilarious and someone tops the most amazing wedding on ice ever... neither of which will ever happen.

I LOVE HIM!
And yes, we still talk this way.


Send me your stories on how your Happily Ever After began!
morganEbeck{at}gmail{dot}com