Baking is by far my most favorite thing to do when I have free time.
Yes, frequent baking usually equates to a few extra pounds from time to time but it is just soooo worth it!
Snicker Doodles are by far my favorite cookie.
They have the spice of cinnamon but the sweetness of sugar.
They can be topped with anything whether it be nuts, m&m's, or even (in my case) Hersey's Kisses
Not to mention they are always so soft and they just melt in your mouth.
Anyways, try this recipe at home when you get a chance.
It is FANTASTIC!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar (topping)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon (topping)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
- Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
- Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.(I usually bake them for 6 or 7 minutes for extra soft cookies. When they come out they don't look super done but when they cool they are amAzing!)
- Remove from pan immediately.Unwrap a Hersey's Kiss and stick it right in the middle of the cookie.ENJOY!