Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oh My Gosh, Really?

Care packages are probably my favorite part of being overseas.
You get all of these cool little goodies and fun surprises that really brighten your day.
Today was one of those days.

I got the funniest care package from my mom.
I mean seriously...the contents were totally unexpected.
It included the usual Valentine's Day goodies like Hersey's Kisses, Cinnamon Hearts, and M & Ms
but tucked in among all of the usual gift items were about 30 cans of meat

And not just one type of meat
We got tuna, chicken, turkey, and roast beef

ROAST BEEF? IN A CAN?

Yeah I thought the same thing. Weird.
It's like they used all of the usual candies as packing material to prevent the cans from denting.
However the Hersey's kisses with caramel inside were a poor choice.
The lack of structure of the Hersey Kiss allowed for easy smooshage (new word) and the caramely (another new word) contents are now all over the cans.

Anyways, THANKS MOM! Even though you never read my blog (tear)