Friday, April 2, 2010

My Birthday Was So Perfect!

Early Tuesday morning, I woke up and went to the grocery store because I decided I wanted to bake all day as my birthday treat to me! I walked into the store with a bounce in my step and a smile on my face because my 23rd birthday was going to be a start to fabulous year. I strolled down every isle just to make sure I didn't miss anything I potentially wanted and hummed "Happy Birthday to Me!" as I collected all of the necessary ingredients in addition to a few little birthday treats before I headed home.

As you read below, the day progressively got better. I had some beautiful flowers waiting for me on the table when I got home. But what you didn't know is that Superman Matt didn't have a car at my place so he ran to the store and ran back. Probably 2 miles round trip. What a guy!

He then went above and beyond (like he didn't already but running two miles to get me flowers) and made me a birthday breakfast as I prepped all my necessary baking ingredients for my baking marathon.
Now for a sugar lover like me, my menu consisted only of desserts: Ooey Gooey Bars, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Chip Brownies, and Pink Rice Krispy Treats.

All in all, it was the best day ever! I got to bake and measure and pour without a care in the world and I didn't have to do ONE dish! Superman Matt stepped in and kept my working space tidy.

Later on my Birthday Day, I had to go to practice (Blah) and my teammates surprised me with a cake and sang happy birthday to me (Yay!).
They also gave me a really cute purse and this shirt (I Love It!) covered with pictures of all of us together.

Those were the highlights of my day.
But what's a birthday without giving a little as well?
Well just my luck, Matt's Easter gifts came in the mail and I just couldn't wait to give them to him. I had my parents ship out some of his favorite stuff that we was missing in the states. Mac and Cheese and fruit snacks being the most important!
I know these posts are so vague but I just don't want to write too much that my readers stop halfway through so I apologize for the lack of details. But the pictures are fun to look at! Right?