Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Still 165.5. Crap!

I mean honestly, after what I ate yesterday I can't be that upset that I maintained the weight from the previous day.
Regardless of the massive amount of food, the night was full of family and friends and an incredibly pleasant time.  My parents just returned home from multiple weeks traveling around the country.  I guess it's the empty nest syndrome.  Plus, I felt the night's festivities necessary due to my parent's need to travel which will be overlapping with my dad's birthday.  I wanted to do something special for him before they departed to go gallivanting all over the country again.

Bacon Guacamole
This is not healthy so I am conflicted by posting this recipe but it is seriously amazing!

Ingredients
4 Large Ripe Avocados
10 Strips Bacon
1/2 Medium White Onion cut into 1/4-inch pieces or smaller
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Cilantro
3 Canned Chipotle Chiles stemmed, slit open, seeds scraped out, and then finely chopped
1 Large Tomato chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Tapatio
2 Minced Garlic Cloves
Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions
Using cutting board, cut bacon into 1 inch slices.  Place bacon in frying pan and cook until crispy.  Drain into paper towel and let cool.  Set to the side.
Cut avocados in half, dislodge the pit, and remove flesh from the skin.  Place avocados in a large bowl and mash together with fork into a coarse puree.  Add onion, tomato, chiles, cilantro, tapatio, and garlic and gently mix to combine all ingredients.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Crumble the bacon into smaller pieces and add to avocado mixture along with the lime juice.  Gently mix to combine all ingredients.
Place in a bowl and enjoy!

*Helpful Hint
Refrigerate all ingredients before and after cutting.  Guacamole tastes better cold.