Wednesday, September 29, 2010

There Are Seriously Some Weird People In This World

Greatest word in the American Dictionary!
Hallelujah US of A
Saks Fifth Avenue in Mission Viejo is closing.  It's seriously a sad story.  And what's even worse is that they are filling the mall with stores like Wet Seal.  Yuck!
But the great news is that EVERYTHING in Saks is 40%-60% off.  Let's just say that I got an $800 sweater for $86.  I pretty much feel like a master shopper at this point.

But that wasn't the point of my story.  Anyways, for two hours I was followed by these two women who ended up taking pictures of me at the Nordstrom's Cafe.  When my mom approached them and kindly asked what they were doing they responded with,
"Oh, we're taking pictures of that tall girl in the blue shirt.  She's our cousin."
My mom almost lost it but quietly asked them to stop and to leave us alone.
With that both women completely snapped and began screaming the most absurd things like....

"WE JUST CAME FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY TO AMERICA AND THIS IS HOW YOU GREET US?!"
OR
"WE CAME TO AMERICA TO SEE AMERICANS IN THE USA AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN AN AMERICAN!!! YOU ARE A RUDE LADY AND REAL AMERICANS ARE INDIANS!"

I am seriously in denial right now after their last comment.  I just feel like I don't know where I belong.  I mean clearly I am not an Indian, and I just learned today I am not an American, so I am feeling a little lost.
As my mother taught me, the best way to deal with being upset is retail therapy.
Soooooo I bought these,
And these...
....in two colors...
And these....
....oh, and these...
I think I am starting to feel like I belong again, even if it's at Pay Less or Nordstrom's shoe department.
Regardless, I feel like I belong, American or not.