Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tel Aviv'in It

From left to right: El Al airline television screen, Sunrise heading out of LAX, my digs for the night in Tel Aviv, my homeboy from my hometown, Women's bathroom sign, to the left to the left with cool writing.
Man, the last leg of that trip was tough.
For some reason I unwillingly become an insomniac when I am on a plane.  I could be flying around the world five times and I wouldn't sleep a wink.  And even if I could sleep on a plane, it would not have helped being in the back of the plane stuck in the middle seat with the Michelin Man to the right of me and Mr. Snores-A-Lot to the left who liked to intertwine his legs with mine while sleeping.  I was a little creeped out, not gonna lie.
Long story short, I am in Tel Aviv and I am so happy that Shalom is now a prevalent part of my vocabulary.  I just hope the locals aren't insulted when I have giggle fits while greeting them.
For those of you who know me, you are laughing hysterically.  For those of you who have not yet had the torture of getting to know me, maybe someday I'll tell you why having Shalom in my vocabulary, in the correct context might I add, is so awesome.

Tel Aviv'in it tonight and then heading out on the last leg of my trip tomorrow.

Next and last stop...
MOSCOW! DA!