Saturday, December 25, 2010

Very Merry Christmas?

My mental image of a white Christmas definitely did not look like this.

It's Christmas morning and I can't seem to figure out why my heart is not overwhelmed with joy.  It could be the fact that I woke up by myself and had a rush of memories of running down the stairs in the morning to a colorfully lit tree with mountains of lavishly wrapped gifts in a room warmed by a deep orange fire.  My family would be sitting on the sofa taking in the aroma of Christmas morning breakfast and the cinnamon spice candle on the table.
I can't help but laugh when I write this but today is unlike any Christmas I have every experienced.
Today I woke up and looked outside to the freezing cold, colorless, lifeless world everyone knows as......(take a guess).  I'm not kidding you, I opened my window in hopes of hearing some sort of Christmas music or children laughing but instead I got a huge breeze of icy air in my face which was shortly followed by a black crow landing on the frozen branch outside my window and peering at me while letting out his eery
cawwwww

I feel like I am in some horror film
or Ashton Kutcher is punking me.
Hopefully it's the latter because I could really use some American humor right now.