Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Great Start To A New Year

Who cares if I am a day late with starting my new year.  After a long conversation with Camilla last night, we have decided that this is going to be my year of learning.  It may not be my year of success and great fortune but I am definitely going to learn about me, learn about different possibilities, learn about photography, learn languages, learn about history and culture.  
I am going to be so smart by 2012.
Today was my day to learn how to be brave and alone.  To learn not to need anyone other than myself.  To learn how to use the Metro in Moscow and a honest attempt at learning about the history of the Kremlin.  

I really did want to learn about the Kremlin.  I was just a little sidetracked by the amazing mall covered in lights.  I felt like such a little kid/man as I was drawn towards this huge shiny building.  I probably looked like a fly being mesmerized towards a light only to meet its death.
And like the fly, met my death, I did.  
Upon entering the mall, I saw was the chic, crisp, clean layout of the Louis Vuitton store with their gorgeous display of bags and the aroma of expensive leather.
....you guess what happened next.
I am now the proud owner of my first Louis Vuitton bag.

I have to admit, I kind of knew I would trick myself into shopping instead of learning about the Kremlin.
I'm a very convincing girl when I want to be.

I think I will go back tomorrow.