Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Have No Secrets, But Maybe I Should?

I can't believe I am about to share this with you because it is slightly embarrassing but really more impressive.

Sadly, Marina is going to be leaving me here in Russia and moving on to bigger and better things in Azerbaijan.  I pretend I am excited for her but I secretly hate her for leaving me here.  She was my support system.  I even compared her to Camilla.  
She doesn't really understand that it's an honor and not creepy.
But now, I am going to be making the rest of this journey on my own.

For old times sake, Marina and I hit our local bar to celebrate her new found freedom and our friendship because it's really a rare thing to make such a great friend in such bizarre (for a lack of a better and more socially acceptable term) conditions.  And my God, did we celebrate!

I am not a drinker.  I have never been a drinker.  I didn't even drink at my own wedding.  But for some reason I have decided to start my college lifestyle about 6 years too late.

By the end of the night we paid off our $350 bar tab which included
22 Jager Shots
12 Vodka Tonics
2 Beers
1 Pizza

I know this screams, "You have a problem!" but I had to share an all time low.  It's nothing to be proud about but I unfortunately have to admit that I am impressed.