Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I wake up to sun, salty breezes, palm trees and endless ocean stretching into the blue skies of Puerto Rico.  My face is set to perma-smile and my feet are slowly retreating back to my sandals tan 
(I have never been so excited about tan lines).
LIFE IS GOOD
The people here are so friendly and always engaging in conversation.  It's a very nice change of pace.
My teammates are fantastic and I really like the management and the coach.  I feel more like I fit in.
Last night we had our first match which we unfortunately lost, but I can feel that hunger coming back to compete and the desire to destroy people on the court.  It's exciting to have that feeling and to see some characters that I recognize about myself.
The fans of Llaneras (my team) are crazy!  They are loud and so supportive all while chanting, honking horns, and screaming the entire match!!  We even have vendors walking up and down the aisles of the stadium, not with popcorn or ice cream or anything you would normally think of as sporting event treats, but with trays of Piña Coladas!!!  That's right.....Piña Coladas topped with a cherry and pineapple!  I seriously debated if it would be frowned upon if I asked for one during the match.
Needless to say, I am very happy and I can't wait to explore more of the culture and food here in Puerto Rico!
Might even meander down to Señor Frogs in San Juan.