Monday, July 16, 2012



For some odd reason, I have this sudden urge to plant a garden and harvest my own food.  Somehow I managed to romanticize the idea of digging around in the dirt and sweating under the hot sun.  But the idea of bringing this fresh food into my house that I grew just excites me.  Maybe it's my need to prove to myself that I can provide for myself by myself. 
Wow, that doesn't sound stubborn at all….
I am pretty sure after visiting Camilla up in Sausalito and harvesting some of her goodies is what turned me onto the idea of doing it myself.  It was so much fun and seeing the successful end result of her hard work was gratifying, even for me and all I did was pick the food from the ground.
I'm not sure I have a green thumb or even the patience to let the food fulling grow but i'm going to give it a shot.