Sunday, September 9, 2012



My weekend in Santa Barbara was not the most successful couple of days.
We didn't play to the best of our abilities and wound up win-less.  Obviously, for me, it was a huge honor to be there and be the youngest of the top 12 teams, but still, I would like to think I could have done better.  I actually know I could have done better.
But on the bright side, the AVP is making a comeback!!!  This means I still have a job!!
HA!
But on another note, my moving date got pushed all the way to this Tuesday!
It's actually quite a funny story.
Hermosa Beach might be the best place in the world to live, but it's most definitely the worst place in the world to park.  So as I am standing out on the corner on Labor Day weekend looking like I'm looking for singles instead of a parking spot, I noticed a girl and her father are wandering around the streets looking at signs and what not.  I didn't think much of it until about 20 minutes later, standing in my house, peering through the window, I see them walk out of an apartment that has a for rent sign.  Without hesitation, I bolt out the door and sprint towards their car.  Reflecting back on my impulsive decision and seeing their faces as this giant girl came running at their car, waving her hands, I could only imagine the thoughts that raced through their heads.  My first instinct would be to save ourselves and plow her over with my car.  Thankfully, that wasn't me behind the wheel.
Anyways, long story short, I asked if they were looking for places to rent and I invited her and her father in to see my place to see if she was interested.  I wasn't surprised when she fell in love with my home just as I had.  She wanted to move in immediately! And because I am soooooooooo accommodating and nice and she wanted to be in by Thursday, I told her I could make it happen.
My first phone call went out to my mother in Chicago to update her on the events and two hours later she was on a plane out to California!  It's pretty safe to say my mom is the best.

Time to pack and get shakin'
It's moving time!