Friday, October 22, 2010

Hallelujah!

I survived the first day!
And I have never been made to feel so short in my life.  I'm not joking you, I come up to the shoulders on one of my teammates.  It's crazy!  And I know the first thing you think is EEEEK! but they are like extra tall supermodels.
We had two practices today.  The first one I really struggled through physically.  I think I got to a point where I was so tired that my eyeballs were throbbing.  No joke.  The second practice I was doing better physically but technically I pretty much tanked.  You try hitting against the Eiffel Tower and tell me if you can get the ball over that thing.  I think I credit my lack in performance to my lack of practice.  My skills are a little (a lot) rusty and it has been so long since I have touched a ball that there is a bruise starting to form on my arm from passing.
Hi Coach!  I know you're reading this :)  I'll do better.  Promise!

Tomorrow we depart for St Petersburg which is super exciting!  I am hoping to finally get to take some pictures of Russia to share on my blog instead of stealing others.  I feel like such a fraud.  But I do want to warn you that we don't really fly in Russia.  We take trains....for many hours.  So prepare for many blog posts if there is internet.