Monday, October 18, 2010

Have A Nice Trip, See You Next Fall

First off, I just want to state the fact that I am on a plane, in the air, flying, above the clouds, and there is wireless internet.  This is so cool!!  It might be a sign of cool things happening Russia?!? No? Okay, maybe a bit of a stretch but one could only hope.
Second cool fact, Annalynne McCord and Phil Jackson are both on my flight.
Not that cool? Darn. Strike two.
Leaving this morning was so difficult.  I think the fact that the point of return is so obscure and potentially very far in the future makes leaving all the more depressing and undesirable.  Kissing my kitties bye made me cry, listening to the cd Camilla made me on the way to the airport made me cry, kissing my husband goodbye at the airport for who knows how long made me sob, writing this is even making me cry and rereading it to make sure there are no spelling mistakes is making me cry.
I'm hoping it's just a hormone imbalance or something and not the fact that I am a complete and total mess.

So here are some notes to those I love who are holding down the fort for me in the fantastic US of A.

Dear Mom,
You are amazing and I am going to miss you so much!  I expect you to fire yourself up for a potential day after Christmas shopping marathon.  If I don't make it back, I'll send you my level 2 Nordstroms card.

Dear Dad,
Take care of mom and Breyer, and please don't die.

Dear Olive,
Stop being such a brat and start getting along with Jack.  When I see you two again I want you to be best friends.  Oh, and lose 5 lbs tubby.

Dear Jack,
Stop eating everything you see because it is seriously making your poops smell terrible!  Don't grow up too much please and I expect lots of kisses and cuddles sessions when you get your furry toosh to Russia.

Dear apartment,
Thank you for providing me with the best summer ever.  You brought in the best light and made such a fabulous home.

Dear Purple People Eater,
Bite people that try to ride you and don't rust.

Dear Camilla,
I expect our daily skype chats to continue and I am looking forward to the loads of emails flooding my inbox with pictures of you in your wedding day attire.  I am so happy you got to come down to visit me before I left.  I would have been so sad if I had to leave without seeing you.

Dear Matthew (the most fabulously incredible husband in the world),
Saying goodbye to you this morning was one of the hardest things I have had to do in awhile.  I am going to miss you so terribly much and I am so sorry I am going to miss your birthday (you old fart).  I am the luckiest girl to get to have you in my life forever and I will be counting the days until you make your way out to Moscow.

Love to all, from,