Friday, June 10, 2011

So far my summer has been pretty eventful.
But the biggest news and development has been my decision to really pursue beach volleyball for the next couple of months to see where it takes me.
I have been training every single day, non stop, and I am finally starting to see some improvement....so much improvement that I even made the USA Beach National Team!!  YIIPPEEEE!!
I honestly could not be more excited.
However, this commute from South Orange County to Manhattan Beach on a daily basis is kicking my ass almost more than practices are.  I think it's time to seriously reevaluate my current living location and consider a move up to the South Bay.
But that complaint is definitely not to take away from the seemingly never ending, grueling, back breaking trainings which are obviously incredibly hard work.  But I have to admit, I am loving every second of this experience.
I have come to learn that beach volleyball is probably one of, if not the most difficult workout ever.  I find myself frequently collapsing onto my knees using every ounce of energy I have left in my body to suck in, what seems to be, the last few molecules of oxygen left in the world before my fellow teammates get to it.  Not to mention, our coach shows no mercy.  The moment I show any sign of fatigue or weakness, she is pushing me that much harder and making me move the slightest bit faster.  Pushing through one of her practices is definitely not for the faint of heart.  
She is one of the only female coaches I have seen men respect as a coach as well.
Such an stud!
My most favorite part of practice days is replenishing with this tasty salad.
It's called The Pilgrim and at first I ordered it just because of the name.  Little did I know it was going to be like discovering America for the first time.
SOOO GOOD!