Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Puerto Rico.....Again?



Once again, life continues to twist and turn instead of carrying on down this straight and narrow path I had all planned out.  I have slowly learned that planning (in my life) tends to lead to constant change of plans.  And these are not minor changes, these are life altering changes.
But I embrace it.
For example:
I was determined to never go overseas again and stay in America and play beach volleyball and be with my family.  I was so ecstatic about my life plans and managed to build a routine and a little home that I was so smitten with only to uproot my life and head down to Puerto Rico to play overseas again.  At first I was really hesitant to leave and the entire plane ride down I was biting my nails in anticipation of how I would feel about my decision once I arrived to the island.  But I have to admit, I love these changes and these journeys.  It adds so much excitement.  
The girls I live with are amazing and so fun to be around.  My teammates are all smiles all the time.  And let's be honest, I'm on an island surrounded by beaches in a place that is so familiar.  The best part is that I don't have to give up beach volleyball.
So here's to change and making the best of it.