Monday, October 29, 2012

I'm Nervous



I don't know if I am going to get in trouble for saying this, but I am so excited for Hurricane Sandy.
Like nervous excitement.
I know it will probably devastate many people, maybe even myself, but there is just something so incredibly awesome about Mother Nature kicking ass (until it kicks your ass, i'm sure).

Driving home this morning after squeezing in 9 holes of golf, leaves were beginning to bounce across the completely abandoned roads and it made my tummy do flip flops.  Now i'm sitting on the sofa and watching the trees bounce around and sway in the wind and the leaves on our potted plants are beginning to vibrate quicker and quicker.
The skies look angry too which is making the hairs on my arms stand up.
In California, our storms are comparatively mild from what all these New Hampshire folks are saying about Sandy which is only building my excitement.
I can't wait to hunker down and watch this show take place.  It's almost like a firework finale but for hours on end.
The California kid in me (which normally just prepared for rainy days) is saying,
"I can't wait to play board games and drink hot chocolate and watch mooooooviesss and cuddle with my kitty."
But the naive adult part of me is saying,
"Oh Sh*t Morgan, get ready to flip on your survival mode.  You might have to save the world tonight."
And the competitive athlete in me is saying,
"BRING IT ON!"
even though I know I don't stand a chance and also knowing that Mother Nature is not to be tempted because if challenged, she usually brings it extra hard.

But nonetheless, I hope everyone stays safe.