Friday, November 4, 2011


Last night I got a really cool opportunity to attend the anti-bullying event hosted by MMA fighter, Daniel Puder.  Those of you who have followed my blog may remember a post on the bullying that I experienced and what it's like facing those hateful messages on a daily basis.  
{This being one of the many reasons as to why I chose to attend Daniel's event}
I couldn't have felt more honored to be a part of something that I believe so strongly in.
So I leave you with this message that I received today on Facebook which made me smile and inspired me even more to take a stand and support anti-bullying.

"I heard about a study that a teacher in New York did where she gave each student a piece of paper. She had them crumple it up and stomp on it repeatedly. Then she instructed them to try and smooth the paper out. The students noticed that the scars and fractures would not come out no matter how much they apologized or smoothed it out. Bullying is a huge deal and it often spawns from parents shaming the child at home. It is a transference of the father figure and an internalization of such. Thanks for standing up for such a noble cause."